Kelcclay


Well, sad news folks. incredibly sad but hey, it happens. Just got off the phone with my recruiter and my application for teaching in a public school has been denied. they never interviewed, looked at my paperwork, nothing. Apparently, they are saturated with applications and my lack of teaching experience just doesn't measure up? I'll never know for sure, it is now EPIK's policy not to inform you why exactly they have denied your application. the rushing feeling of tears hit first. then anger. then depression and now? determination. I am now going to be looking at private school positions. I'm still hoping for the Busan area, however, it looks like I may be in Seoul. It's really hard to say at this point. with my luck, i'll be denied from all of those schools too. :-S argh. MAJOR bummer. MAJOR sadness. time for a new episode of "You're Beautiful" and whatever sweets I can find in the kitchen...and I was doing so well with keeping them at bay. lol.

So, cross your fingers, keep me in your prayers. I'm going to need it!

K.C.
7 Responses
  1. Hey Kelsey~
    Don't fret, dear. If you didn't get it, it's God's way of saying it's not meant to be..for some reason...In the end, when things don't work out, girlie, it's for the better...Don't despair, be determined, like you said!!

    My Sister in Law knows a recruiter and it seems like all schools around here are in CONSTANT need of teachers. My husband works at a private school, those pay more and he got in right away.
    Perhaps I can talk to my Sister in law & she what she thinks...I'll ask if she has any pointers and have her ask her recruiter friend...
    Even the school where my husband works they need a teacher!!
    ....I'll look into things for ya, girlie...

    Prayin' for ya!!


  2. Kelcclay Says:

    Yay! Thank you  You have no idea how much this message has lifted my spirits. I was really really bummed out but after reading your message I feel much better! You’re right. This just wasn’t meant to be and I’ll just have to move on to option number two. As they say, when God closes a door, somewhere he opens a window  All of your help is SO appreciated! I’ve been so overwhelmed since the phone call that I didn’t even think to ask my recruiter about private school options. I’ll be interested to see what you sister in law and her friend have to say! In the mean time, I’m keeping my spirits up and putting all of my determination into finding that open window! Thanks again, I really needed a pep talk! 


  3. :) Anytime, girlie!!

    Do you have an email addy?


  4. Kelcclay Says:

    Yes I do :-) It's kelcclay@yahoo.com!


  5. sorry to hear but just know that it will take time and the perfect job will definitely fall into your lap!! Good luck and keep us updated!!


  6. J Says:

    wow i am genuinely shocked. i'm sorry to hear this. what recruiter did you use? there is no reason EPIK would or should reject an English major, unless they are just trying to avoid the extra pay grade. no one (well, maybe one or two) comes here with any teaching experience. if you still want to try coming through EPIK, I would suggest applying directly through their website - www.epik.go.kr.


  7. Kelcclay Says:

    I used reach2teach which is supposed to be very reputable. I have thought about applying directly, however, i've heard that they have strict rules about multiple applications and will permanently ban someone who sends multiple applications. Whether this is actually true or not, i'm not sure. I too thought that being an english major with a little bit of experience I wouldn't have a problem getting in. So, you can imagine my shock at not even being granted an interview. Do you think that there would even be any positions in Areas such as Busan left at this point? I know that metropolitan positions fill first...