Kelcclay
Well, I've done it. I have landed a public school, high school, position. The job is in the outskirts of Ansan and is 10 minutes walking distance from Banwol Station. Which puts me at about 45 minutes away from central Seoul. The problem? I have to begin Dec. 1. Which means, getting everything together, getting my Visa, flying out and saying goodbye in 1 month. YIKES. That also means, no more Christmas with the family, no going to see the nutcracker, no nothing :-( bummer. but really, what it came down to was giving up location for job environment or giving up job environment for location. You can see which one won. Now i'm incredibly nervous that I've made a wrong decision in trying to leave so soon, and to somewhere I know NOTHING about the area. Partially, because there isn't anything post on the web... lol. So yup. Encouragement, advice, info on Ansan, anything would be appreciated at this point! :-)

Toodles and Schnoogles,

K.C.

P.S. As soon as i'm there, I want to have a huge movie marathon at my new place! Anyone interested, let me know! and any movie requests are welcomed. I'm trying to decide what to bring! lol.
2 Responses
  1. Eve Says:

    Here is a thread with some info from Dave's ESL:http://forums.eslcafe.com/korea/viewtopic.php?t=148058

    Not much there but it's all pretty positive.

    I'm also looking for a job in Korea right now... I'm planning to go through GEPIK since I have a dog and can't do the EPIK orientation.


  2. congrats! yay public schools! haha! I feel like i've heard of Ansan... like maybe friends there... hmm... but it shouldn't be too bad! you'll do great! time was slow but fast at the same time when i was getting ready. i got the job 4 weeks before i was supposed to fly out so i understand how you feel! when you get here we'll have to get together!! i can show you around a little!! ^_^. Also... THANX FOR THE VIDEO OF RAIN... i hadn't seen it... omg... haha! i love it! i passed it along to everyone else! haha!

    Good luck! if you need anything let me know!!