Kelcclay
Today was a good day.

I got my background check in the mail, Called my dad's friend who is an attorney, he came over and notorized my background check and Diploma copy and now all I need to finish my paperwork is the apostille which I can get in a single day! YAY! I do need to get my 6 passport photos taken still but Kinkos can do that for me in a matter of minutes. No big deal. lol. So yes, I'm on my way!

October 1st is when Applications are first accepted and I think that I'll have all of my paperwork sent to my recruiter by then, meaning my chances of getting my first location choice is pretty high (assuming I get accepted at all. lol.) So yup. EXCITING.

For a while there I was really freaking out about all of the paperwork but now it all seems so easy. lol.

Preparation has begun!

Last weekend my parents picked up an Eddie Bauer Soft Sided Luggage piece for me. It's HUGE! and totally awesome. It's a burnt orange (easy to find on the belt!) and it was originally $179, still is actually, but because they had overstock in the warehouse they had them at the outlet and they got it for $45! SWEET! lol. so that is pretty awesome too.

I'm getting really excited now. For a while there, proven by my earlier posts, I was totally freaking out! Probably because this whole "traveling overseas" thing could only be a dream because I was in the middle of school. Then suddendly, WHAM, I graduated and I can actually go overseas. It was like my own mini reality check, if you know what I mean. No longer the college student living at home, now the graduate who needs to either A) get a job or B) go to graduate school. lol. Traveling Overseas does two things for me. it A) gets me a job and B) lets me travel, soemthing I LOVE! I think I'm a pretty good traveler. :-) lol.

so anyways, Things are moving right along! I have all my paperwork and will get my background check and diploma either tomorrow or on Monday. Probably tomorrow. I think I'll go there before work and get it over with. lol. Then I can get my pictures taken either tomorrow night or Saturday and Fedex the paperwork by Monday! Wohoo! lol.

Anyways, I'm just getting really excited about getting things going and starting this big adventure! I'm hoping to be placed in Busan. I think it will be perfect. Beaches, Mountains, Movie Districts, Subway, high speed rail, first class shopping! it doesn't get much better! The only thing I think I'll be disappointed with is no snow, the super humidity during the summer an the long commute to Seoul. But I think I'll love it! lol.

So Yup. More updates to come, I'm sure. lol.

Toodles and Schnoogles,

K.C.
2 Responses
  1. Anonymous Says:

    I see, I see..Your still in that fun process of waiting and paper-work, eh?! Hehe. That all comes together just right, in time.
    Will you be living in Busan? If so, we've got to meet for tea or something and be friends! I pretty much just got here, too, not even a month ago...
    I love your story though. I think things happen for a reason, and I hope you make it here, so South Korea will be your next chapter in life! I'm really excited for you! It's beautiful, so foreign, but fun here.
    We have a brother & Sister here to help us out alot, with the know how to-do's..so if you have ANY questions at all, please just drop me a comment... :)

    Ps. Your luggage sounds AWESOME! Hehe

    Ta ta for now!


  2. i feel like i'm feeling these emotions all over again! lol! like before i graduated then after and then getting everything ready! lol it's like surreal and i couldnt wrap my mind around it for a while but now i'm here and everyday i walk out of my apartment i'm like WOW! i'm not in school and i have a job!! lol!

    GOOD LUCK!! keep us updated!!