Kelcclay
Well, since my last post things have been moving rather quickly. After turning in my resumes and cover letters to four different recruitment companies, I shortly received emails stating that I was through the initial application process and that they would like to set up an interview with me. So this is what the last three days have looked liked:

Sunday: Get ready for Colton’s soccer party, dinner, interview between 8:30 and 10.

Reach to Teach- This interview lasted about 45 minutes and was very thorough.

Monday: Work from 10-2, interview at 2:30, interview at 4, Colton’s soccer party.

1st = Travel and Teach- lasted about 20 minutes, pretty basic.
2nd= Teach Away- lasted about 35 minutes. Very thorough.

Today: Trip to Police station, trip to library, trip to bank, Interview between 2 and 3.

Gone2Korea- this interview lasted about 6 or so minutes. This is partially due to the fact that I was talking with someone who specialized in Public school positions and I wanted to discuss private school positions through this company.

Yes, I know. Busy busy!!!! I have to say, before my very first interview I was EXTREMELY nervous but after the first one, I was much more calm and everything seemed to flow.

All of the interviews seemed to go really really well and everyone I talked with was very nice and very helpful with any questions I had. I think my plan is to first apply for a public school position. If I do not get into this program I will then be looking at private school options. For Public school positions I am currently looking to go through Reach to Teach to Teach Away. Both very extremely nice, very helpful and I felt that they both really took the time to truly interview me, get a sense of who I am, what my potential is and what exactly I’m looking for. It’s really truly going to be a hard decision when choosing who to go with.

So yes, now the next step is deciding who I’m going to work with, getting the paperwork together and getting my application ready before October 1st so that I can secure a position with a public school.

Paperwork looks like this:

2 copies of sealed, stamped transcripts -DONE
Apostilled Criminal Background Check
Apostilled Copy of Diploma
Color Copy of Passport -DONE
Signed copy of EPIK application -DONE
Health Form -DONE
4 passport photos (a total of 6, 2 are needed at Korean Consulate)

What’s that? What’s that you say? You don’t know what an apostille is? Well… Let me tell you!

First, get your paperwork notarized with a seal from the county your in.
Then, get the county clerk to sign you notary.
Lastly, get your signed notary apostilled by the secretary of state department.

Now, of course, this procedure is different based on state, but this is what us Ohioans must do to get something with a seal of apostille aka internationally notarized.

So yup. I’m in the process of A) getting all of this done and B) bankrupting myself in the process. It’s not cheap to get all of the documents, let me tell ya.

Anyways, all of my interviews are now officially done and I have officially been accepted by all 4 of the recruitment companies. Yay! Now I just have to decide which one to go with…this is going to be the hard part!

Toodles and Schnoogles,

K.C.
4 Responses
  1. good luck! wish i wouldve had all those fun options!!! ^_^. pretty soon you'll be on your way!!!!


  2. Kelcclay Says:

    yes, I can't wait!!! Now I have to decide if I want to be working at a private school in Seoul or a public school in a different city... eek! O_o


  3. Peter Lee Says:

    Thank you for joining my blog!! wow~ you are in Korea now. I think there are lots of cities having nice public or private school like Busan. but definitely Seoul is the first. :) good luck!