Kelcclay
**Picture Credit: I didn't have my camera, so these pics all belong to Gabi!**

Two Sundays ago I went to Everland with Gabi and a previous student of mine and his parents. It really was a blast even though it was super hot and I turned into a babysitter for the day.

So we started out the day by getting picked up and we drove to Everland. Luckily we didn’t have any traffic so we got there pretty fast. Then we had to take the shuttle from the parking lot to get to the front gate.





When we finally made it we were met with what looked like a cute European landscape. It was pretty cool because from faraway it looked pretty real!




 
The theme at the time was Summer Splash so the whole place was done up with an underwater theme. However, my favorite part was a section that looked straight out of beauty and the beast :-)




Unfortunately I was the only one out of the five of use that liked roller coasters… However I still managed to get them to go on one small roller coaster! That’s what we rode first! Then we went on a water log ride which had roller coaster like mini hills, and you got pretty wet. It was really fun!



Of course we had to go on the merry-go-round. It’s an all time favorite!



As we were finishing the Carousel, the water parade began so we watched the water parade and then followed it to where they put on a whole show. It was really cute with lots of water explosions and bad guys, etc.



After lunch we went on a cute little train ride. Then it was FINALLY time for me to ride the T-Express!!!!

I walked up and there was, get this, NO LINE. I walked up and got on! I was pretty much in shock!

Here is some info about the T-Express!

  • South Korea's first wooden roller coaster 
  • World's steepest wooden roller coaster(77 degrees) 
  • Falling altitude : 56m (7th in the world) 
  • Attraction time : 3min 00sec (the longest in Asia, 7th in the world)
  • Air time : 12 times (the most air times in South Korea)
  • Altitude : 56m (the highest in Asia, 3rd in the world)
  • Maximum Speed : 104 km/h (the fastest in Asia, 8th in the world)

It turned out to be SO amazing that I had to ride it again! I got off, walked around and got right back on! So yes, that’s right, I rode Asia’s biggest wooden roller coaster twice in a row… with no line!



After the T-Express we decided to go on safari. We got in line and had to wait about a half an hour. Not too bad. We finally got to the bus, which then took us around to the different sections of the safari.



The first section of the Safari was the Tiger section. They had white tigers and normal tigers together and they roamed free. It was really cool. The white tigers were definitely my favorite!



The next section had the giraffes, elephant, camel and zebras, but it was less exciting. These animals were in sections and were not roaming freely. I couldn’t help but feel that they really didn’t get enough space to live in. it was kind of sad.



Lastly we went to the bear section where the bears roamed free. It was pretty cool because the bears would come up to the bus and the bus driver would get the bears to do tricks for treats. Each bear was good at a different trick and they ranged from sticking out their tongue to sitting on their butt and grabbing their legs.



After the Safari we went on another water ride but this was more like a whitewater rafting type ride. Luckily they had these plastic sheets you put over yourself to keep from getting wet.



After that ride we went to see a Sea lion show. It was supposed to be the three musketeer story line but really it was just sea lions doing tricks. The kids seemed to really like it. So I guess it was good. Lol.



After the sea lion show Gabi and I were pretty tired. They wanted to stay on to watch the night parade so we decided to part ways.



The trip home was a story in itself, to say the least. However, we made it! We finally found the right bus station and got on a city bus which dropped us off at Gangbyeon. Hungry and tired, we picked up a Pizza School pizza and chilled at Gabi’s for a while. Then I headed home and zonked out pretty quick.

Overall it was a really good day! I think Everland is a one time trip. I don’t think I would go back like I would someplace like Disneyland or Cedar point. However, I’m really glad I went and got to ride the T-Express!

K.C.


Labels: edit post
1 Response
  1. Arriane Says:

    Hey Kelsey!

    I am sooo glad to have stumbled upon your blog! You see, my friends and I are going to Korea this October and we're sort of clueless as to which amusement park we should go to - Everland or Lotte World.

    This is considering the weather, plus the fact that we're all a bit over 20 :P

    Would really appreciate your help!

    xo
    Arriane