Kelcclay
What really hit me hard was my mom leaving this past Sunday. She actually stayed an extra day so we could have some more time together but it was really really hard dropping her off at the airport and the homesickness hit me all over again. For those who don’t know, my mom is like my ultimate best friend. Ever seen Gilmore girls? Yeah well, we’re like Lorelei and Rory but without all the extra TV drama. So yeah, saying goodbye was really hard. We did, however, have a fantastic time while she was here. I tried to get in as much as possible because I wanted her to get a true feel for Seoul.
She came in the Sunday before Chuseok and I was afraid that everything would be closed and she wouldn’t get to do very much. Boy was I wrong. Not only were things open but they were even more busy than usual.
We managed to get a great deal in such as Dr. Fish, Dondaemun market, Gwanghamun plaza, Gyeongbokgung Palace, The folk museum, the Palace museum, the Cheonggyecheon stream, Namsan tower, The Teddy bear museum, Myeongdong, Insadong, Hyehwa, night walks in local parks, facials/manicures and lots of yummy Korean food! She even got to come to my school and meet my students! YAY!
These too will be in future “place specific” blogs, but here are some fun pictures from our time together!
















 

















Labels: , edit post
1 Response
  1. Anonymous Says:

    so cute kelsey! looks like you has a great time with your mum...makes me miss mine ha ha ha *^^*
    i also had no idea you had a blog until this moment~
    laura