Kelcclay
So Halloween at ECC has come and gone but we had a lot of fun! My school made a HUGE production of it and it was a whole day thing.


We started out the day with watching a movie, creating candy baskets and having a costume fashion show. Unfortunately I missed all of this because I was at the doctor getting a splint put on my foot for a sprained foot ligament. OUCH. But that’s a story for another day.


So when I finally got there, I quickly changed into my costume and then it was time for the games! We had limbo, donuts on a string and our own version of bobbing for apples, which was trying to find the chocolate in the condensed milk powder…yummm…..


The kids seemed to love it!




Then after lunch, it was time to go trick or treating! We broke down the classes into two groups and went to three students houses in each group. My group was my homeroom and then one of the year old classes!

First we headed to Christine’s house!

Her mom was so nice and their house was amazing! They even had an oven and a dishwasher… Super jealous! Her mom put our such a wonderful spread for the kids and then she gave each kid a huge bag of candy!

Next we headed off to Caesar’s house!


His mom put out an amazing spread as well! Can you see it?? Yes, yes those ARE real true to life cupcakes on the table! They were amazing! The first and only real cake I’ve had here in Korea! A-ma-zing. That’s all I can say. She too gave out HUGE handfuls of candy to the kids! By this time they were starting to feel like they were going to explode!


Lastly, we headed over to James’s house! His mom had big boxes of cookies out for the kids and coffee for us teachers. A much needed caffeine refill considering the excitement for the day.



Then, we walked back to the school. Yes, that’s right….I said walk. I walked back to school in my lovely new splint. It really wasn’t that far, but in my splint it felt like three miles. UGH. Tiring.

After the kindy kids headed home, we had the afternoon kids. The poor things had to take a test their first class but luckily for them we had a Halloween party during the second class. So we passed out candy and watched Charlie Brown and Scooby Doo.


 Overall it was a pretty good Halloween, minus the injury. The kids all loved it and it made me excited because they were excited! Man, I miss the glamour of things when you’re a child. Everything just seems so much more exciting and new. Anyways… lol.


Happy Halloween Everyone!!!

T&S
 
K.C.
0 Responses