Kelcclay
Well, It's done.

I have decided to work for YBM ECC in their Junggye Branch in Seoul. The paperwork has been sent in and now I am waiting for my visa issuance number! When do I leave you may ask? Well, no other than the day after Christmas! Yes, I know. it's kind of (ok, majorly) a bummer, but it's better than before christmas and the job seems really great. I've talked to several people who work there, and a couple who used to work there and the feedback has all been great. The location, although not central Seoul seems really great and the apartments are nice. I also like the fact that YBM's contract is set up much better than other contracts I have been offered. PLUS, I get 50% off Korean language classes through YBM, which for me, is awesome!

So yes, I have given up on the public school job idea for now. There is simply too much competition for a newbie like me. I think, and this is just an idea, If I really love Korea and teaching in Korea, I'm going to do my one year at YBM come back and go to graduate school at OSU for my teaching certificate (a one year program) and then I'll head back to Korea to teach in a public school! That's just an idea though, like I said :-)

Anywho... So i'm simply waiting on my Visa Issuance number. I say the word simply because it has been about two weeks since my School got my paperwork and so I'm starting to go insane! lol. I need to be able to give my work notice about leaving, but I don't want to do that until I know I have a visa issuance number. As we all know, Jobs are not so easy to come by now a days! lol. Also, I still have to apply for my Visa and interview with the Consulate. All within 15 days, 11 if you take weekends into account! AH! crazy. I'm starting to go a bit crazy. lol. I can't wait until all this paperwork crap is out of the way and I'm finally there!

So keep your fingers crossed for me that my visa issuance number comes in first thing next week!

I'll keep you posted!

Toodles and Schnoogles,

K.C.
3 Responses
  1. Eve Says:

    Congrats! I'm currently applying for GEPIK but if I don't get in (I'm a first time teacher too) I'll go the Hagwon way as well.


  2. Unknown Says:

    Yes, I applied for GEPIK too, but because of my inexperience, all the schools that were being offered were very rural, even though it was in Gyeonggi. So I guess i chose location over position. lol. We'll see how it turns out. Good luck with your applications! I know how annoying and stressful the process can seem at times!


  3. SJ Says:

    I just applied to the same branch! Hopefully all goes well and I get in as scheduled!